We are thrilled to have The Reverend Kim Sturtz as our called pastor at French River Lutheran Church! Pastor Kim was installed by Bishop Amy Odgren on February 21, 2021. We are so happy to have you in our midst!
Mission Statement: "To live and love as God commands, accept His grace, and share the Good News."
Member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
1. Suspended till further notice:
> CHUM Food Shelf at Faith Lutheran (11:00 am to 1:00 pm on Mondays)
2. Electronic Giving / Donations to Church
> Please consider using the electronic donation method during these trying times
> Learn more
and set up your one time or ongoing donation on the Giving Page
3. Private French River Lutheran Facebook Group
> A private Facebook group has been created to support member communications and faith
> Any member or person attending FRLC regularily may join
> Posts are private and do NOT appear in public Facebook feeds
> Request group membership
(personal Facebook account required)
4. Other Coronavirus Updates
from NE Minnesota Synod, Bishop Aitken
> NE Minnesota Synod Updates
> ELCA Updates
5. Help update church records! Please complete the Get Acquainted form and return to the office as soon as possible. /home/180019402/180019402/Images/Get Acquainted Form 4.11.20 final.pdf
6. Sunday School is back and meets at 9:00 AM. Parents are invited to gather together in the Fireside Room for coffee and relaxation. Worship begins at 10:00 AM. (No Sunday School for the month of January)
7. The Annual Meeting was held on Sunday, January 16 after 10AM Worship. The Annual Report can be found by clicking this link here: /home/180019402/180019402/Images/2021_Annual_Report.pdf
The proposed budget can be found by clicking here: /home/180019402/180019402/Images/2022 Proposed Budget.pdf
Location / Map
French River Lutheran Church is located at 5310 Ryan Road, Duluth, MN 55804. You can see Lake Superior from our sanctuary! We look forward to meeting you.
ELCA website: www.elca.org
NE MN website: www.nemnsynod.org
Other Items of Importance
2021 Church Council
Information from and about our current church council (link
El Salvador Mission
We continually collect toothbrushes and bandaids for the El Salvador Mission of Healing/Family Wellness Fair. Please deposit them in the labeled box in the narthex.
Chum Food Shelf:
CHUM Food Shelf has asked French River Lutheran to be the "Ramen Chicken Noodle Soup" church. This means they'd like us to contribute 100 packages, or the monetary equivalent, per month to the food shelf. Be sure to indicate "for CHUM-Ramen soup" on the memo line of a check or on a special giving envelope when donating.
CHUM also encourages the use of reusable bags (vs. plastic grocery bags) by those who donate non-perishables and those who receive them. Bag donations may be left near the wicker baskets in the narthex. Thank you!
Order for Healing Service:
Typically the third Sunday of the month with blood pressure checks provided during first twenty minutes of coffee fellowship time.
If public schools are closed due to weather conditions, so are church activities.
Let's stay connected! See "Documents" for the Celebrate insert (lessons and prayers).